[pure-silver] Re: archives

  • From: "rob c" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:59:05 +0100

I do not have MS Outlook on my windows machine but if I'm not mistaken you can
import import Eudora mailboxes into Outlook.  Whether you need the Table of
contents or not, I do not know, but someone may like to try it.

As regards a database of archives, this sounds like a good idea but you should
remember that if it is standalone application then it will only run on the
architecture it is compiled for so there may be a requirement for different
versions for different platforms. If its going to be an SQL file which can be
implemented on any SQL database on a persons local machine then it will rely on
people having the tools and knowledge to load it into a database on their
machine and if its to be an online database then I doubt very much that it
would be anywhere near as good as using eudora or outlook locally.

personally its not an issue for me since I already have the archives but since
downloads have been so light I hardly think its worth the effort since there
are free mail readers which can do just as good a job as a database. After all
they were designed to handle and display email and if the mail reader in
question is any good it will also allow full searching capabilities(which
Eudora does very well)!

just my two pence worth.

rob c