[pure-silver] Re: Speedotron 2401A

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:21:57 -0400

On Monday 02 October 2006 12:26, Jim Brick wrote:
> They do not do this. I've never worked on a
> Speedotron. I've never worked on a unit that fires the lights when
> powering down. Some units slowly bleed off the charge through a large
> resistor so that should the unit need to be opened-up, the technician
> won't get electrocuted. It hurts! I know!

"When disassembling the system, turn Power switch to the off position.
The 2401CX/SX power supply will automatically discharge its storage
capacitors. Do not push the Push to Flash switch before turning power
supply off. This may damage power supply. Power supplies may flash their
light units when turned off. This is normal."

        That's what the current manual states. Could it the pack is dropping
the
power to a lower level but not totally discharging the power. I've never
taken the flashmeter to my mono-lights but the impression I get is when the
lights are fired with the power off the amount of light isn't full power.

        Nick