[pure-silver] Re: Speedotron 2401A

  • From: "Mike Kirwan" <mkirwan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:00:49 -0700

I think the capacitors are formed when you fire them - not just letting them
sit there with the power on.

The instructions for my Vivitar 283 and Speedlight both refer to this
practice. I think it has something to do with the capacitor heating up as it
is fired and as it does the dielectric becomes more efficient and you will
get maximum and constant output at the tubes.

You only have to fire the units a couple of times

Mike