[pure-silver] Re: Speedotron 2401A

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:26:27 +0200

Nick

I can't find anything in the instructions about that. I've never done it.
But the instructions are talking about dangerous arc-over if light units are
changed without turning the power off first. It also talks about discharge
and recommends to turn the power to full before turning the power off to
allow the system to discharge the capacitor(s).

I'm not an expert, but I've followed the instructions for 10 years now, and
the unit works well (knock on wood). The only recommendation, I haven't
followed, is charging it up a few times every month.

Jim's recommendation makes sense to me and I've read similar advise for
Vivitar flashes, but I'm still wondering why Speedotron recommends something
else.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com