[pure-silver] Re: Neither My Hassy Nor View Camera Have This Problem

  • From: Bernard_Cousineau <bernard_cousineau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:01:59 -0400

Helge Nareid wrote:
I know  that I have seen diagrams of cine camera lens systems using
prism beamsplitters, but as I recall they were 8mm systems. Since the
glass weight of a cube beamsplitter goes as the cube of the size, I am
not surprised that they aren't common in the professional cine formats.
You are thinking of the Bolex. It is still being produced in 16mm and Super 16mm formats (bolex.ch).