[pure-silver] Re: Neither My Hassy Nor View Camera Have This Problem

  • From: Elias_Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:28:54 -0400

This leads to very interesting further reading. Thank you for sharing it.
I recall Richard mentioned T Stops before (here or in the Rollei list).

I put my exposure meter under the enlarger the other day to see if the aperture
stops actually corresponded to full stops in light output, and they did not.
Some lenses were better than others, but a full stop of aperture change is not
necessarily the same as a full stop of exposure change. Photography like any
art or craft is about dealing with limitations of tools.

I've also experimented with my Gossen Luna Pro, and my digital camera, the
readings from the now ancient hand-held produce fine exposures on the sensor -
but not all the time. Can't say I don't have that problem with film.

Elias