[pure-silver] Re: Neither My Hassy Nor View Camera Have This Problem

  • From: Jeffrey Thorns <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:16:58 -0700

The issue here for DSLRs happens both because of the sensitivity
to the angle of incidence of the light AND the fact that SLR
lenses generally are not designed with a huge circle of coverage.
They don't have to - nothing moves on these cameras as compared to,
say, a view camera.

One could probably avoid this problem to a large degree by using
lenses that cover a full sized sensor on a half-frame camera or
even older, manual focus lenses designed for 35mm film on a newer
digibody.  The problem there is that Nikon seems to be the only
vendor that has preserved their lens mounts, and even then,
an old AI or AI-S lens does not meter properly on anything but
their highest end digital cameras.

In short, digital makes this a big pain...

Nikon's mid-range also accepts older lenses. I have a 300 that I have put a couple of AiS lenses on.