[pure-silver] Re: Neither My Hassy Nor View Camera Have This Problem

  • From: Brian Reynolds <reynolds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 13:28:18 -0400

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

> Addendum:
>
> The issue here for DSLRs happens both because of the sensitivity
> to the angle of incidence of the light AND the fact that SLR
> lenses generally are not designed with a huge circle of coverage.
> They don't have to - nothing moves on these cameras as compared to,
> say, a view camera.
>
> One could probably avoid this problem to a large degree by using
> lenses that cover a full sized sensor on a half-frame camera or
> even older, manual focus lenses designed for 35mm film on a newer
> digibody.  The problem there is that Nikon seems to be the only
> vendor that has preserved their lens mounts, and even then,
> an old AI or AI-S lens does not meter properly on anything but
> their highest end digital cameras.

Pentax makes a point of marketing the fact that you can use almost any
lens they've ever sold on their DSLRs.  With various adapters you can
use M42 screw mount, K, KA (has the A position on the aperture ring),
KAF, KAF2, and the "crippled" (no stop down indicator in the mount, so
the lens needs the A position) versions of KAF, 645, 645AF, and 67
lenses.  Even with the lenses that don't have the A position the body
can be made to stop down and take a meter reading.

--
Brian Reynolds                  | "It's just like flying a spaceship.
reynolds@xxxxxxxxx              |  You push some buttons and see