[pure-silver] Re: Neither My Hassy Nor View Camera Have This Problem

  • From: Howard Efner <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:24:07 -0600

TTL metering will compensate for the difference in transmission since it measures light after the optics.

Establishing an "effective film speed" will also compensate for lens transmission, shutter speed errors, f/ stop calibration errors, light meter errors, and GOKW.

Thank God for that old, obsolete, technically inferior, film!

Howard

On Oct 28, 2010, at 3:15 AM, Snoopy wrote:

Dear Tim,

hmm, I would reckon that our film based cameras simply do not "see" this problem, as the film has enough latitiude to compensate for such effects.

And when we push film to its limits by developmnent etc. we hit other
borderline problems and hence never notice.