[pure-silver] Zion/Bryce; places to go

  • From: Bob Younger <ryounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 04:31:45 -0700

Does anyone have any special places in Zion or Bryce? Keeping in mind that
I'm pack'n an 8x10, so long hikes are problematic. This will be my first
trip to these parks. I've read a couple of guidebooks and have some good
maps, but they of course point out the obvious, pre-planned tourist
lookouts, etc; and at the right time of the right day these CAN be beautiful
and personal. I'm looking for more of the small, intimate places; and maybe
a clue as to the best time of day to be there. I know this is a tough
question; I'd be hard pressed to answer it for places I frequent. One
person's special place may be completely invisible to another; it takes more
than the visual to make a place special and to make something worth
photographing. Whereas a place or object may have something unique and
personal to say to one photographer, it may have nothing to say to another.
So, with all of those caveats, I'll let my original question stand, and add
my thanks for any inputs.
Bob Younger