[pure-silver] Re: ELC bulbs failing in D2 Dichro Head

  • From: "J Stewart" <jrstewart8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:38:37 -0500

Just an update folks.
I replaced the ELC lamphouse/socket on my D2 and removed the stabilizer from
the circuit. It seems to have fixed the problem of immediate lamp failure.
Even with the new socket and with the stabilizer in line, my voltages were
running 26 VAC + 8 VDC. Without the stabilizer, voltages run 27 VAC and 0
VDC.

I think this means the stabilizer is shot, but I'm going to try to print
without one. Just curious though if anyone has experience using voltage
stabilizers from other sources besides Omega.

Thanks again for everyone's help solving this problem, especially Nicholas,
Eric, Richard, Harry, and Bob Watson.

Jim