[pure-silver] ELC bulbs failing in D2 Dichro Head

  • From: "J Stewart" <jrstewart8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:41:04 -0500

Folks, can anyone help me troubleshoot reasons why my lamps are blowing out
within a few seconds of turning on my Dichro II color head (on a D2). I'm
using the standard D2 power supply with stabilizer. The stabilizer fuse is
intact. The power cord is plugged into a surge protector via the timer. My
house has always had a stable power supply.

The bulb elements are breaking. The problem began immediately. A bulb I had
been using for a couple years fractured. When I put a new one in, it burned
out within seconds. I repeated this with a new bulb and the same thing
happened. One bulb actually broke the reflector in the process, but I'm not
sure it was caused by the same problem.

I have a voltmeter to check current to the socket if you can help me
understand what I might be looking for in isolating the cause.

Thanks in advance.

Jim