[pure-silver] Re: ELC bulbs failing in D2 Dichro Head

  • From: "J Stewart" <jrstewart8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:31:04 -0500

Thanks, All.
I checked the voltage at the lamp socket. It read 26 VAC and 8 VDC = 34
total. Is this enough to blow the bulbs as described?

My power source (Super Chromega Dichroic Lamphouse Cat. No. 412-021) does
not appear to have a triac. I.e., all wires are connected either to plugs
(i.e. to timer, to source, to stabilizer)or to/from the transformer coils
and various voltage connectors: this supply has voltage connectors labeled
117V 110V 100V and others for a total of 8 pairs of connectors. All
connections "look" sound. No wires are going to anything that looks like a
triac examples sent by Nicholas.

My stabilizer (Solid State Voltage Stabilizer CAT NO 404-841)- all
connections look sound. There is one 3-way connector not labeled that could
be a triac I guess.. In no case is the resistance between any two of the
terminals greater than 22 ohms.

Does this sound like the triac (or some equivalent circuit)has failed? If I
replaced something, would it be the power supply unit or the stabilizer or
both?

Again, thank you very much everyone.

Jim