[pure-silver] Re: ELC bulbs failing in D2 Dichro Head

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:37:02 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "J Stewart" <jrstewart8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:58 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: ELC bulbs failing in D2 Dichro Head

One more thing, when I take the stabilizer out of the loop I get voltages at the lamp socket of 25 VAC and 0 VDC. Does this implicate the stabilizer as
the problem?

Jim

I still wonder what sort of stabilizer this is. Without knowing that its difficult to analyse the symptoms. I wonder if you tried it with the stbilizer out of the circuit if the lamps would still go out right away. Also, 34 volts total would make a 24 volt lamp burn very brightly but not burn out right away. Also, beside Harry Taylor you might try Bob Watson who also repairs enlargers especially Omega. I haven't heard from him for a while so don't know if he is still in business rwatson767@xxxxxxx

He does not have a web site.

---