[pure-silver] Re: Deionized Water-Advantages & Sources?

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:13:04 -0700

I've been using deionized water in my darkroom for decades. In the far corner of the sink are two filters. The right (dark) filter is the resin deionizer. It provides roughly 100 gallons per resin charge. A resin charge costs $40. Water is double filtered before entering the deionizer.

http://www.visualimpressions.com/DarkroomSink.jpg

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/vcatalog_page.asp?p=2216

Bottom of the page on the right (clear housing).

I have also been using a WaterWise distiller for my families drinking and cooking water for the past fifteen years. First a model 9000 - we completely wore it out in fourteen years so we now have a model 8500, which is the 8800 without the timer. I have one of those watt meters and figured out, at our power companies most expensive rate, that it costs 15 cents per gallon for distilled water via the WaterWise 8500.

http://www.waterwise.com/products/products.asp

WaterWise often has great sales, up to $100 off the price of distillers.

Jim