[pure-silver] Re: Deionized Water-Advantages & Sources?

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:05:20 -0400

At 02:01 PM 4/6/2006 , >Jerry wrote:
>I have one and always wondered whether the cost of electricity offset
>the cost of the water at the supermarket.  You need at lot of heat to
>boil water.
>
>Jerry

April 7, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

Electricity is definitely the major part of the cost. Dividing the cost of
the machine by the number of liters produced over its service life yields a
surprisingly small figure. And water is usually pretty cheap, even these days.

The price of electricity has gone up since I tried to estimate how much
each liter cost, but it was around thirteen cents. It would be more now, of
course. Even if it cost a bit more than at the store, I'd still prefer my
own machine because I hate carrying heavy jugs and then disposing of empty
jugs ...

regards,
--le
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.