[pure-silver] Re: Deionized Water-Advantages & Sources?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:31:26 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:42 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Deionized Water-Advantages & Sources?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:26:12 -0700, "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Trimming double stab matching section with an xacto knife on microstrip
line without using a network analyzer was my trick back then. I'm also
one of very few people around here, who use Smith chart to design
acoustic circuits.

Neat trick (both things). I've not tried using a Smith chart for accustic circuits but can see its utility. Obviously you know how similar RF transmision is to acoustics. Similar techniques can be used for both. There are also analogies to optics, for instance, lens coatings can be seen as quarter wave matching sections, the same for an "acoustic labrynth" loudspeaker enclosure while a bass-reflex is the lumped constant equivalent.
Pure silver is sometimes used as a conductor (or plating) for RF circuits, offered as something to get this on topic again:-)

---