[pure-silver] Deionized Water-Advantages & Sources?

  • From: "Ben R. McRee" <ben.mcree@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:29:06 -0400

I've made a point of using distilled water for many of my photographic uses. But I'm hearing more references lately to distilled AND deionized water. What are the advantages? And where might I be able to find it?

I was just in the grocery store today (where I usually buy distilled water). I didn't find any bottle that claimed the water was deionised. I also noted that the store has replaced much (but not all) of its selection of distilled with reverse osmosis water! I'm guessing that it may get harder to find distilled water.

--Ben