[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: "Tim Rudman" <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:39:35 +0100

Thanks to all who replied so far. I use gloves always for toning because of
the risk with finger prints and tong marks, toxic chemicals etc. I tend to
tone in batches after printing, so very little dry side work is involved
there. I too use the one hand technique.

I have largely fallen out of using them for printing, which I used to do,
except for large prints, but mostly I print at 16x12, which Kenro tongs
handle perfectly. Maybe I shall go back to gloves again - there are so many
really bad tongs out there!

I thought Kostiner were no more. Am I wrong?

To Jim, I never use bare fingers now - used to all the time many years ago
but they can be the kiss of death for bleach/tone or bleach/redevelopment
techniques, which I use a great deal now. Personally I think fingers (and
tongs) should be _always_ kept of the image area, and all visible borders.
My days of rubbing up highlights are long over.

Tim
http://www.worldbookoflithprinting.com