[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:35:38 -0400

Hi Lloyd,

I have a 8x10 Color Canoe which I use whenever I only need to make a
print or two.  Wish I could find an 11x14 (I know they made them).  They
are very convenient for this purpose.

I use either MQ or PQ print developers, a water rinse, and non-hardening
fixer.  I've dunked my hands in these solutions for 50 years without any
harm.  Mostly use tongs but occasionally my fingers.  Don't mind the
smell of stopbath or fixer.  Compared to what I used to smell in a chem
lab they are very mild.  Anyone familiar with the stench of pyridine --
smells like the vapors of Hell.

Jerry