[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: Lloyd Erlick <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:35:14 -0400

July 25, 2005, from Lloyd Erlick,

No tongs! Nothing at all touches the wet face of any of my prints.

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
voice: 416-686-0326
email: portrait@xxxxxxxxxxxx
net: <http://www.heylloyd.com/>www.heylloyd.com
________________________________
--

At 03:58 PM 7/24/2005 , Tim wrote:

> Another casualty of the changing times for darkroom.
> Kenro make (made) my favourite tongs, 10 inches long, stainless steel,
> replaceable rubber tips, perfect shape, firm grip with minimal pressure,
> never mark the emulsion, never snap.
> Guess what - they have discontinued production.
>
> I have searched around all my suppliers for decent alternatives and the
> choice is very limited for these grossly underestimated tools! It may sound
> trivial but I think that really good tongs are not only a joy to use, they
> are surprisingly hard to find.
>
> So what are your favourite tongs, why and where do you get them?
>
> Tim

<http://www.worldbookoflithprinting.com/>http://www.worldbookoflithprinting.
com