[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:25:57 -0700

At 12:58 PM 7/24/2005, Tim Rudman wrote:

So what are your favourite tongs, why and where do you get them?

Tim

I use those wood (bamboo?) tongs which have rubber tips. I've marked them, one for the developer, and one for the stop & fix. I find tongs only good for prints up to 11x14. With 16x20 & 20x24 prints, tongs are OK for keeping the print submerged while rocking the tray, but it's fingers for turning the print over and for moving the print from tray to tray.

When these wooden tongs get too grungy looking, I replace them.

Jim