[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Timothy Pederick <pederick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 00:16:29 +0800

On 29 June 2011 23:52, Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Which raises the issue: section 220 is unreachable.  To get there, you have
> to be an Archmaster with Nexus, which means you have all but one discipline.
> However, the only route there is 150 -> 80 -> 249 -> 67 -> 121 -> 220.
>
> 249 is only reachable if you don't have Huntmastery at Archmaster level,
> and 67 is only reachable if you don't have Pathsmanship at Tutelary level.
>  So to get to 220, you must be an Archmaster who has neither Huntmastery nor
> Pathsmanship.

Huh. That's a very good point.

The only (simple) way I can see to make it work is to move the "longer than
4 rounds -> 121" option to 83, rather than 67. Now, that seems like it's
punishing you for having advanced skills -- in 83, you *avoided* the ambush
thanks to your advanced Pathsmanship, but now you might get an instadeath if
you take too long to win -- but I think it actually kind of works.
Everything is in your favour: you ignore two rounds worth of EP loss, and
your opponents have a Combat Skill that's 4 lower than it is in 67. If you
can't finish this fight in 4 rounds, maybe you deserve to face instadeath.
;-) Anyway, it's arguably better than risking instadeath for *not* being a
Tutelary with Pathsmanship.

>  (Maybe the player's decided to take Weaponamstery twice for a +6 bonus? ;)
> )

Can they do that? Does anyone play that way?? DO WE NEED TO FOOTNOTE IT?!
*tears hair out and runs off screaming*

--
Tim Pederick