[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:31:20 +0100

On 09/06/2011 17:12, Timothy Pederick wrote:
On 9 June 2011 23:40, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Should we therefore word the footnote something like: " If you
    completed the Magnakai series, remember that 'when using a Bow or
    thrown Weapon and instructed to pick a number from the Random Number
    Table, add 2 to the number picked if you are a Mentora with the
    Magnakai Discipline of Weaponmastery' (cf. Improved Disciplines for
    Book 12 <link>)." --and add it to the Bow and Arrows section of
    Equipment?

Well a Newsletter clarification pretty much settles it! I like that way
of looking at it and am kicking myself for not thinking to check the RH
earlier; in hindsight, treating the Mentora bonus as the "hidden" one,
and equally applicable to all Grand Master archery random picks, makes a
very great deal of sense. Your footnote is fine by me.

But, in view of your next comment...

One more question then-- *dodges the hail of tomatoes* --given all the
+5 bonuses and that one +4, should we footnote or edit the Discipline
description to say something like, "...unless told to add a different
bonus"?

...should the footnote rather be placed in Disciplines/Grand Weaponmastery instead? Or should it be placed in *both* Disciplines and Equipment/Bow and Arrows?

FWIW I think your proposal here is a good one; unless we decide to alter all "add X to the number you have picked" to 3, which seems very arbitrary.

We are very slowly getting there, I think. This is why I wanted to concentrate on the GM Rules rather than go straight into Book 13! >_<