[projectaon] Re: Errors: Eight from the Cauldron

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 11:38:53 +0000

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Sam Seaver <samseaver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd like to propose either:

Palladium amulet or Iridium amulet

http://www.webelements.com/iridium/

Going for the esoteric I see. :)

The trouble is that renaming it doesn't really solve the problem of
the reader thinking that the amulet should guard against extreme heat.
Are there any cases in 9-12 where Lone Wolf is affected by extreme
heat where Nexus helps? The only candidates that I found were in The
Prisoners of Time 62, 95, and 349. Any that I missed?

...Or is just damaged by extreme heat, since later incarnations of the Platinum Amulet seem to be able to block a great deal of such damage?

This would include The Cauldron of Fear 48 and 59 as well, which sections were the reason why this Kazan-Oud Platinum Amulet issue was raised.

We could footnote these three sections easily enough.

...five sections... ;-)

OK, how about something like:

09tcof 48: "If you possess a Platinum Amulet, it does not reduce the damage taken from this bolt of magical fire."

09tcof 59: "If you possess a Platinum Amulet, it does not reduce the damage taken from the scorching heat of the fire."

11tpot 62: "If you possess a Platinum Amulet and do not possess the Magnakai Disciplines of Nexus or Huntmastery, you may not add 4 to the number you have picked."

11tpot 95: "If you possess a Platinum Amulet and do not possess the Magnakai Disciplines of Nexus or Huntmastery, you may not add 4 to the number you have picked."

11tpot 349: "If you possess a Platinum Amulet and do not possess the Magnakai Disciplines of Nexus or Huntmastery, you may not add 4 to the number you have picked."

Are there any other such occasions where Lone Wolf is damaged by extreme heat?