[projectaon] Errors: Eight from the Cauldron

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Project Aon <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:15:18 +0000

Hi

In revenge--er, response--to Jon's post earlier, here are more issues, these all culled from The Cauldron of Fear.

Note that there are no "on to" issues, since these have all been resolved. Hopefully you can see the fruits of the labours in this post. ;-)

----------

(er) The Story So Far: the koura-tas-kai would each come from the north -> the koura-tas-kai would both come from the north [to agree with 'they' later in the sentence] [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]
[SO: Or, ...both koura-tas-kai would come from the north...
-> "A prophecy foretold that the koura-tas-kai would each come from the north to
seek..."

(er)    77:     He that gave us life -> Him that gave us life [LeRoy McSwain,
Jan 2007]
-> "...we will fulfil our duty to He that gave us life."
[SO: Also, remove quotes and put thought-speech in itals? Or does the Crocaryx use actual speech later on in the section?]

(er) 115: Put a tick on your Action Chart beside the item or items that you wish to stake. [Change 'Put a tick' to 'Put tick(s)' or more simply just 'Mark' to agree with the syntax of 'item or
items'] [LeRoy McSwain, Jan 2007]

(er)    146:    Chah mountain -> Chah Mountain [??]
-> "...tough hill-dwellers from the Chah mountain valley, and..."

(er)    256:    He who gave us life -> Him that gave us life [cf. Sect77 Errata
above]
-> "...we will fulfil our duty to He who gave us life."

(er/ft) 48, 59: [Javier: I find it surprising that, after having found the Platinum Amulet in LW #7 you don't get to use it in LW #9 even when exposed to fire (right after getting out of the Cauldron there is one situation..) to prevent the damage. [[http://projectaon.proboards30.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1083075896&page=2]] thread on the forum [1] that suggests that this amulet is "fake" and that you get a real one in the GM series. Maybe it is worthwhile adding a footnote in section 48 (encounter against Zakhan Kimah) and in section 59 (house on fire) that the amulet does *not* protect you against the damage there?]

(ne)    350 (Footnote)  South Gate Guard -> South Gate guards
-> "...if your weapons and weapon-like Special Items were confiscated by the South
Gate Guard, they..."

----------

Additionally, here are any potential Drakkar/im changes, though I think they all comply with the recent PAMoS ruling:

* The Drakkarim assault-troopers crouch behind their oblong shields...
* ...you can see regiments of Drakkarim warriors advancing in lines towards the
great moat.
* ...and enable a squad of Drakkarim assault-troopers to reach the West Gate
* ...red-cloaked Drakkarim assault-troopers pour through the ragged gap.
* Red-cloaked Drakkarim assault-troopers pour...

Hopefully there shouldn't be too much of a problem deciding on these, I'd have
thought.