-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Contraption

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 06:53:37 -0400

Lightscribe is a method of labeling your CDs and DVDs,  It requires a
Lightscribe enabled disc drive, a Lightscribe disc and the software to take
advantage of it.  All Lightscribe drives come with the necessary software...
usually a feature included in Sonic or Roxio or similar burning software.

After burning a disc you flip it over and use the software to design a
label.  Then the disc drive will "etch" your label directly onto the disc
surface.  This makes for a permanent label that will not cause tremature
degradation of data stored on the disc the way paper labels do.

Don