-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Contraption

  • From: Becky kane <bekkykane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:44:55 -0700 (PDT)

I guess is 400 to 450 or as close as I can come in that area. I really don't
need one that is superdupper :-) I can play with this one and learn while I
still enjoy the fun with these contraptions. Just bought a printer so I think
you and Don are correct keep the newer stuff and dump the rest, I guess I'll be
buying in about 2 months. We are moving, still in Tuscaloosa but to a bigger
place, so that puts it on hold for that long at least.

  God Bless & Thank You
  Becky
GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Becky,
No apology necessary.

Between what comes with every barebones kit (Mainboard, CPU), what might
come with it depending on the dealer (RAM, case, power supply, mouse pad)
and what you're carrying over, you'll at least have most of what you'll
need. Anything still missing can be handled as necessary. Can you give me
some idea of how much you're willing to spend for the entire system?

I also need to point out that it may be better for you to just buy a new
computer, considering the ways you're interested in using the system. You
would get ALL new parts that are all covered by the same warranty and would
most likely include a new keyboard, mouse, possibly a flat screen monitor &
speakers, etc. It sould leave you with nothing to add and would be cheaper
in the long run. Plus, you'll get the operating system to boot. The
eMachines system I selected for my neighbor cost him a little over $400
(plus I had him get the extended warranty) and included everything mentioned
above plus a color photo printer. His use of the system is about the same
as yours.

Peace,
GMan