-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Contraption

  • From: Becky kane <bekkykane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:07:05 -0700 (PDT)

I'll be doing it soon but my old computer was left outside and sadly it was
taken so I'm going to by a new cdrw and put it in the 2nd bay. Also add a hard
drive, I guess I will do that first. Another post to save, I cannot thank you
enough for all your and others help.

  God Bless
  Becky

Don Wilcox <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Assuming the appropriate controllers (and drivers) are available and the
BIOS supports them all, you could install as many drives as you want to
until you run out of space in the case.

I do not know of any reason you could not install a CD-RW in addition to
your DVD burner. There *might* be a possible conflict between the drivers
for two different types of burners, but I don't think so.

I look forward to your trying this since I am about to get rid of a computer
and move its CD-RW to replace a basic CD/DVD ROM drive in a computer that
has a DVD multi-drive in it.

Don