-=PCTechTalk=- Re: My Contraption

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:48:09 -0400

Serial is the cable connected to your SATA drive.  The "S" in SATA stands
for serial.

The flat ribbon cable is for parallel drives.  The "P" in PATA stands for
parallel.

It is most common for the P to be left off though.  So, you will see ATA and
SATA on the different drive packaging or in other printed material.

Don