-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:09:04 -0400

Sandi,
    Right you are!  Since the font(s) in that temporary folder were only
Copied there, go ahead and delete them so we can start with a clean folder.

    Move (yes, move) the first of each of the dupes into that folder (be
sure to get the first of ALL of the dupes).  Next, go into the temporary
folder and add a space just before the extension of each file in there.
When you're done, Comic Sans MS.TTF should read Comic Sans MS .TTF.  Now, go
back into your Fonts folder and copy the other dupes into the same folder.
Next, zip up the entire folder, name the zip file 'System Dupes.zip' or
something similar and then Move that file to your main storage fonts folder
for safekeeping and delete the temporary folder.  You should now only have
one of each of those dupes remaining in the Windows Fonts folder, so run
your system for a while and see if anything complains.  If not, feel free to
delete that zip file.

    If something DOES complain, remember that the ones you removed contain
that space in their names.  Extract the one in question, remove the space
and then Move it into your Windows Fonts folder.  You'll be asked to confirm
replacement of the existing font and should answer Yes.  This will replace
one of the dupes with the other one of the same name.  I seriously doubt
you'll have to do this for any of them, though.

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"