-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fonts Tutorial

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 08:21:54 -0500

Whatever would I do without you???   One more thing though.  I am working
from an old list of necessary fonts which was created by Nightsneak in 2001
plus a newer one I got from"ABC~All 'Bout Computer" which started out with
"I am not an expert on fonts but here are a few that you need to keep for
Windows to run well, so make sure you don't remove these:"
I guess as long as I an not deleting anything but shortcuts I can always
correct any mistakes I make.
Some of those that are on these two lists I do not have such as:  Fixedsys,
MSDOS, and System.  There may be others as I have not gone completely
through all 700 + yet.  I spent about an hour last night moving fonts I did
not think I would ever use, being careful not to touch the essential ones,
and got through the C's.
I got messages on some of them that they were read only and did I still want
to move them.  I left those alone as I did not know what that meant.  I
think they may have come from Open Office as they had a large O instead of
the usual font icon.  Some said that particular font was already there so I
didn't move those either.  Maybe the ones I "rounded up as loose in C
Windows"?  Anyway I put all of those in their own folder labeled loose
fonts!
Now what will happen to all of this that I have done when I go back and
start over and follow your instructions to the letter???  Am I beyond
redemption?  I have none at the moment in the "in use" folder since I moved
Amazone back successfully.
Also I was afraid to move any Hallmark fonts or CAC
fonts for fear of messing up those two card programs.
Amazone no longer has a little arrow showing it to be a shortcut but there
are several in the Windows fonts folder with shortcut arrows.  I have no
idea how they got there as shortcuts.  Perhaps I should carefully write down
those that are shortcuts before deleteing them just in case?
Sorry to be such a pain but so glad you see the humor in it!!!!
Off to the wedding.
Sandi