-=PCTechTalk=- Trojan Horse Generic 8.LDI

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:06:56 -0500

AVG found three of the above and put them in the vault.  A search on Google
gave no hits with the above information but when I put in wkcalrem.exe,
which was in the description, I found a number of hits.  It is Microsoft
Works Calendar Reminder.  I never use this.
The path shown in AVG was C\Old Drive\joyce\Joyce\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
Two with this path (except only one Joyce in one of them) were in C\Old
Drive.  The third left out the two Joyces but was otherwise identical and it
was in the C Drive.
For now I am leaving them in the vault.  I am curious as to why they are
just now showing up as the Old C Drive folder has been there since a
reformat over a year ago.  Would it be because I just downloaded updates to
virus definitions?  Could it be a false positive?
I have signed up for Google alerts on the Trojan Horse Generic 8.LDI to see
if I can learn anything from that.
I have also signed up for Google alerts on wkcalrem.exe
Anyone else using AVG getting this Trojan Horse showing up?
Sandi