-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DVDs & my DVD Burner

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:14:10 -0400

If Lite-On uses the same terminology that I am accustomed to, the file you
download from their site is a firmware update for the drive, not a driver
for the operating system.

If I were you, I would run Belarc or similar system analyzer to determine
exactly what you have, then follow the instructions that are linked to on
the download page  and install the firmware, whatever it is and then run the
analyzer again to see what changed.

A firmware udate to the disc drive will not get rolled back on a system
restore.

Don