-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DVDs & my DVD Burner

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:18:17 -0700

Well when I go into My Computer, Device Manager -- my DVD burner
is:

LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-411S

and since that is exactly the firmware listed at Lite-On's site
with an update of 3-22-06, I'm thinking they upgraded the
firmware because discs have come out double sided since I bought
this computer.

But I think I will write them and ask if this is so.

Movie Plus 5 burns the movie to DVD so I don't need to use
burning software.  The movie plays beautifully in my preview
pane in the software and on the Sony DVDs which are not inkjet
printables in my DVD Player.  I have sent the DVD to others on
the Sony DVDs and the movie plays in each of their players.  So
I know the burn process is good.

I think I will buy some Sony Printable Discs to see first before
I do anything else.  Like you say, I do not want to screw up my
DVD burner.

Thanks for your help and explaining the difference to me.

Judith

_______________________

If all attempts at using JVC blanks fail, then it's just the
blanks that
dont work. There is no guarantee that any batch of blanks will
work
flawlessly with any chain of components, software or otherwise.

Before you stock up on blanks, buy a few ones and test them,
then buy as
many copies you need of what works.

> Can't check it on my computer because Windows Media Player
> says
> I need a plug in and Real Player says I need DVD software.

Can you try in a DVD player somewhere else? Workplace, school,
friend,
neighbour, library? If you want to sell something, you need to
test playback
compability anyway. Making it work in your player only is not
sufficient
testing, as people have all sorts of players, and like yours,
they can be
tricky sometimes.

Other things you can do:

* Burn at a different speed
* Burn with another software
* Create an ISO from the source (dont copy files to harddrive
first) and
burn the image
* Extract the source files with another software

Folder2ISO is available from this Dutch page, but just click the
Download
button and off you go;
http://www.duken.nl/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_details/gid,48/Itemid,69/

glenn