-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DVDs & my DVD Burner

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 19:14:59 -0700

Both are listed as DVR-R and there is only 1x that will record
when using Movie Plus 5.

I copied the Sony DVR-R movie to the JVC DVD-R and then played
the JVC in my DVD player but it was jumpy.

Can't check it on my computer because Windows Media Player says
I need a plug in and Real Player says I need DVD software.

I need to get this resolved as it's an original art affirmation
movie I want to sell from my site.

Judith

__________________

> Now I can burn to a plain (not-printable) Sony DVD-R and the
> movie will play so I know it's not my software or DVD burner.

The new discs you bought, are they + or - ? And the Sony disc
you mention,
it is a -R? Some players are choosy when it comes to the + or -
formats. It
should normally not matter, but it can.

Also, check your JVC discs for playback in other devices. If
they play back
good in other players, your player may be choosy.

The whole chain you are using - software, burner, disc, playback
device -
will or can affect the success of playback. Sometimes the
software just isnt
accurate enough, or you burned too fast on a brand of discs that
really cant
be burned that fast in your burner, or your JVC batch simply has
physical
errors on it. It happens.

> Well I googled and found softpedia.com has a firmware driver
> specific to my Lite-On which had a date of 5-1-2004
>
> When I looked at the properties for the Lite-On DVDRW LDW-411S
> on my computer, it shows it's using a Microsoft Driver Version
> 5.1.2535.0?
>
> Trouble is softpedia has a broken link which might be a good
> thing as I wanted to ask -- Did I get the wrong discs or will
> the firmware I found help on my Win XP Gateway computer for my
> Lite-On Burner?

Hard to say. Use the newest firmware you can find for your
burner. Try to
find out when the MS firmware was released.

glenn