-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ZA true-vector shutting down

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:13:04 -0400

Glenn,
    Those previous posts were partially from me and my trials with the 7.x
versions of ZoneAlarm's full Security Suite.  I spent a lot of time at the
ZA forums and came away with similar results.  Too vague or not quite the
same issues I was having.  My eventual deduction was that the 7.x version
was not yet ready for prime time, so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled
6.5.737.00.  All of the modules of this version work extremely well and keep
me better protected than any of the competing products I've looked at.  Once
CheckPoint gets their act together and fixes problems that have plagued the
7.x versions so far, I'll upgrade and give it another spin.  If problems
persist, I'll just go back to my trusty 6.5 again.

    You can download previous verions directly from their site at the link
below.  Follow the link at the bottom of the page to the product of your
choice and you'll see links to numerous versions near the bottom of the
resulting page.
http://shrunklink.com?ysc

P.S.  You didn't mention your OS but if you're running Vista, I don't
believe this is going to be the fix you need.  The 6.5 versions were out
well before the release of Vista and are most likely not compatable.

Peace,
GMan