-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hi G

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 16:11:26 -0400

Rudy,
    Your video card should no pose any problem for a while, unless it's not
keeping up with any games or movies you're playing.  Save your cash for more
important things.

    I'm running mine at 1600X900 and find the text a bit too small for my
liking (the eyes just aren't wha they used to be, my friend).  To
compensate, go into the settings for your screen and adjust the text size
for the entire OS.  Right click Desktop and choose Properties > Appearance >
Advanced and scroll through the list of adjustable items.  Some of them
allow you to change the text size, so experiment to see what works best for
you.  I tend to change all of the fonts to Georgia and set it at 10.  If
your icons run together, you can also control the spacing between them from
this location.

    As for Firefox (and most other apps that ignore the Windows settings),
try holding down the CTRL key while scrolling your mouse wheel.  Towards you
should increase the size of the text in the main window, away makes them
smaller.  It doesn't work for all apps, but those may have a control inside
the View menu area at the top of the window (Firefox has this too, but
CTRL+mouse wheel is much faster & easier).     lol

    Have fun!       :O)

Peace,
GMan