-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Should I worry about this?

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:18:36 -0400

Rudy,
    This is nothing more than a security warning (vulnerability).  Why it
was presented to you by Housecall is beyond me.

    The General Information section (with all of the clickable + signs)
describes this as a problem for folks running a web server based on .NET 1.0
or 1.1.  If your system meets this criteria, you need the patch.  If you're
not running a .NET server, it doesn't apply to you or your system.

Peace,
GMan