-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ZA true-vector shutting down

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 00:57:36 -0400

John,
    I have pretty much been all over the ZA forums and found that a lot of
folks are having numerous problems with the 7.x versions.  Not all of the
issues are related and not all of those with problems are suffering through
the same ones.  It's also a minority of users who are/have experienced the
difficulties, so ZA hasn't done anything to fix it.  It's as though there's
something in the newer versions that's conflicting with numerous other
programs.  If you have any of those other apps, you'll experience some
trouble.  If you're running more than one of them, it just gets worse.  Of
course, this is only what my own experience in addition to all of the head
scratching over at the forums have caused me to believe.  It's not
documented anywhere, just my opinion.      ;O}

  I have two different systems here that flatly reject the version you're
running.  One I tried to update but met with numerous errors (I finally gave
up on that one and left it running 6.5.x) while the other installed just
fine, but then would run the CPU at 100% for at least 20 minutes (but
usually longer than an hour) after a hard boot before releasing it.  A
reboot would not always fix it.  That one was uninstalled and reverted back
to 6.5.x as well just to avoid burning out the CPU.

    For what it's worth, the two computers above are also fully patched XP
SP2 systems.  I'm really glad you're not one of the ones with some of the
problems I discovered at the forums.     :O)

Peace,
GMan