-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ZA true-vector shutting down

  • From: John Lehn <johnelehn2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:25:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Glenn,

What OS are you driving??

I am using XP Pro SP2 fully patched, and I have had no
problems whatsoever with ZAPro 7.0.337.000.

Therefore, if you are using XPSP2 it may suggest that
your problem is not caused by ZA but is a bug
somewhere in you system.

I checked with a number of my colleagues over here in
Aust, and they also have not experienced your problem,
and all of them use XPSP2 in conjunction with ZA V
7.0.337.000.

Cheers

John Lehn
--- Glenn Folkvord <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> I have Zonealarm 7.0.337 firewall and it works fine,
> except that TrueVector
> services are shutting down once or twice a day,
> forcing me to reboot to get
> it going again. The program is 100% updated. I
> understand this has been a
> problem for other people too, but internet searches
> result in vague
> solutions.
>
> Either I need to get a new firewall, which I dont
> prefer because this ZA
> works fine with my system whereas others do not, or
> fix this problem. I
> recall there was a thread about Zonealarm a few
> months ago, but I cant find
> the posts now. Any clues about this TrueVector
> service?
>
> tia,
> glenn

<SNIP>