-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DVDs & my DVD Burner

  • From: "Don Wilcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 22:13:42 -0400

http://www.liteonit.com.tw/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=154

There is a firmware update available here that is dated March 22, 2006.

Are you sure the terminology used was "firmwware driver"?  Firmware and
drivers are usually two different pieces of software.  The firmware would be
internal to the drive (like the BIOS in a computer) while the driver is
internal to the computer operating system.

Please make sure that you *know* what you are downloading and installing.  A
mistake installing a driver is easily corrected.  A mistake installing
firmware could render the drive totally useless.

Also, follow the link to the instructions for installing the firmware
update.

Don