-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DVDs & my DVD Burner

  • From: "Glenn Folkvord" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:06:29 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> and since that is exactly the firmware listed at Lite-On's site
> with an update of 3-22-06, I'm thinking they upgraded the
> firmware because discs have come out double sided since I bought
> this computer.

I dont think a firmware upgrade will make your burner capable of burning
dual layer discs, because that requires the laser to shift focus, something
the firmware cannot change. But a firmware upgrade can affect your burner to
accept more single layer blank media.

> I have sent the DVD to others on
> the Sony DVDs and the movie plays in each of their players.  So
> I know the burn process is good.

A good blind-test is to do the same with a couple of JVC discs as well. If
the other people can play them back fine, the problem lies in your player.

glenn