-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transferring Outlook Express files via memory stick

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 19:23:51 -0400

Hi Jan,
    Excellent!  Judging by the time showing for your post, it seems I'm only
two hours late to the party.     :O)

    In any case, click directly on one of the DBX files in the right pane to
select it.  Then, hold down your CTRL key while you press the A key once.
Done correctly, this will select ALL of the DBX files in that folder.  Next,
again use your RIGHT mouse button to grab and drag one of the highlighted
DBX files from the right pane over to the new folder in the left pane.  Once
you're cursor is directly over the new folder and it has turned colors to
show it has been selected, let go of the mouse button and you'll see that
(by now) familiar context menu.  Choose Copy to copy all of those files to
their new home.

    Once that's finished copying, click directly on the new folder to make
sure the entire set of DBX files is in there and that they show the correct
amount of disk space used (this last part makes sure they're not just
shortcuts to the files on your USB key).  If all is well and the folder is
as MB heavy as expected, give me a yell and we'll introduce OE to these
files.

Peace,
GMan