-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transferring Outlook Express files via memory stick

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:05:15 -0400

Jan,
    Take the stick over to the new system and plug it in.  If necessary
(inserting the stick may do this for you automatically), open up Windows
Explorer in the new system and choose a location for these files to reside.
I prefer to keep them on a separate partition from where the OS resides, but
that's just my own preference.  In any case, you'll want to create a new
folder somwhere simple on your hard drive (you can even create it right
inside your My Documents folder) and name it something like "Outlook Express
Store" or "DBX Files".  Let me know when you get to this point.       :O)

Peace,
GMan