-=PCTechTalk=- Re: transferring Outlook Express files via memory stick

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:41:43 -0400

Jan,
    Ok, the first thing to do is to Copy those DBX files onto your USB
device.  The only absolutely, positively sure way I know of to do this
properly is to (in Windows Explorer) select all of the files in your OE
storage folder, use your RIGHT mouse button to grab one of the highlighted
files and, while holding down the mouse button, drag them over to the icon
in the Left pane of Explorer that represents the USB key.  Once you're
hovered over the USB key icon, The icon's title will change colors.  Let go
of the mouse button and choose Copy from the context menu that opens.  You
want to make sure that you select Copy from that menu because we don't want
to disturb the original files until we know for sure that the files copied
over to the new system perfectly.

    When you're finished with these instructions, you should have the files
located in both the original Storage folder as well as the USB key.  Let me
know when you're ready for more.      :O]

Peace,
GMan