-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I am coming back...I think... :)

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:52:48 -0400

Kewlness!  I'm glad to hear the new system is purring along like it should
be.

RAID is always a possibility I would mention for its Redundancy ability (all
data is written to two drives at the same time).  If one drive dies, the
other is there to prevent any loss.  Replace the failed drive, rebuild the
array and you've got your protection back in place without missing a beat.
However, your system/setup is already somewhat complicated by the need to
remember what goes where as well as shuffling drive letters.  My primary
focus has been to help you simplify this mess rather than add more
complexity.

I suppose I'll need to make myself an updated list of your available drives
before we jump back into this.  Tell me what to remove/add if there's
anything more (or less) than the 3 new ones below.      lol

Oh and sorry to hear about the weather there.  It's not quite as bad here,
but it has been up there more than usual.  I really don't like anything over
80°F, but there's usually no where to go to escape around here.  I think
we'll be getting central air in rather soon.       ;o)

Peace,
GMan