RE: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx'" <cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx>, "'JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx'" <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:02:19 -0500

Well, you 'could' use Autohotkey and setup a script to send vi like commands to
you pl/sqldeveloper program window.

Actually, someone has already done this at
http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=46362

I use autohotkey in Toad to add some functionality that I like that is only
active when the main Toad window is active.  Autohotkey has a Window Spy gui
that will tell you the active screen/form so you put that in your autohotkey
script. Works amazingly well and I may actually try setting up this vim like
command script myself.  (I'm always finding myself trying to type vim commands
in my Toad window)

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.