Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

I don't have a problem with any company making money out of a product.
I paid for a multi-platform unlimited upgrades license for UltraEdit
because I like the product and it does what I need. I think there is
room for open and closed products.

My point is TOAD is a money earner for Quest, yet they've done little
to make it a better product over the years. New versions come out and
they keep adding features (bloat), but it seems nobody has invested
any time in the user experience, which is terrible. Actually, terrible
is being incredibly kind. It was a horrible product when I first used
it (before Quest bought it) and it still is.

Oracle were very lazy in this respect for many years, but now they are
investing heavily in improving the user experience throughout there
products. Check out their UX labs etc.

TOAD is like crack for PL/SQL developers. They need to go cold turkey
and they will find out life is much better without it. They might just
learn a little about databases also.

Just my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm happy
for people to disagree. :)

Cheers

Tim...