Re: PL/SQL Development Tool Of Choice

Yay, I thought I was the only DBA who didn't use TOAD! (Thank you, Tim!)
I would like to also see TOAD on a diet as I've seen it in an environment with
25+ licenses and observed how "heavy" it was.
Loved Embarcadero DB Artisan, but also quite heavy in the environment.

I have used PL/SQL Developer for numerous years, content with it for the little
I required, but latest release, (9.x.x) had some bugs.

SQL Developer is coming up fast in the ranks with features and I give a lot of
credit to the team that they have on this product.

As a remote DBA, my only tools I have available to me now are command line...
:)  As I've said in blogs/tweets, etc.-  I strongly believe that any code that
will be released to production should be verified will successfully compile at
the command line, (SQL*Plus), NOT JUST with a GUI Tool.  Doing any less is
asking for issues with a release, especially if your database is on a
Unix/Linux platform and you have some type of version control software that is
in place.

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant